Top Ten Of Your Auto-buy Authors
It’s that time of the week again! Time for me rummage through my “overflowing, now resulting to piling books on the floor next to the bookshelf” bookshelf 🙂
I think that there will be some repeats of authors that were on my top ten last week but oh well, I like what I like. Some of these authors are clearly guilty pleasures so no making fun 😀 AND some of these authors are dead so I’m listing them because I sometimes buy editions that I think are cool even though I already own the novel.
P.S. If I ever meet any of these authors I will surely become starstruck, pass out onto the floor in front of them, where they will most likely proceed to clothespin a note to my shirt that states, “Wow… it was nice almost talking to you.” I would then cherish the note forever…. I mean lets be honest here. You would all do the same thing! Right?
- Jean Rhys – She died in the 1970s but she wrote an amazing novel that told the story of Bertha Mason from Jane Eyre. She felt that Bertha’s character was not done justice and therefore needed to create a story for her. It’s called Wide Sargasso Sea.
- Charlotte Bronte – Yes she is also dead but I am always on the lookout for old editions or cool new editions (you know the ones that Penguin Books is always releasing) because I think you can never have enough Charlotte Bronte.
- Aprilynne Pike – I wrote about her in my Top Ten Tuesday last week. I have read everything this woman has wrote and I will auto-buy every time (however, I always mark her release dates soooooo I never stumble onto something I didn’t know about haha).
- Pittacus Lore – I thought it was cool that for the first little while they kept this man’s identity a secret. I kind of wish it stayed that way BUT the I Am Number Four series is wonderful. Such a fun read. The next one comes out in September and therefore AUTO-BUY!
- Chelsea Handler – This woman has a direct line to my funny bone. I don’t know how she does it. It’s probably a combination of the most vulgar words on the face of the earth and the fact that she is always getting herself into trouble. I love discovering she has a new book out. I know it will be a good couple days!
- Alexandra Adornetto – This girl is very impressive. She is in her early twenties and has published four books. I found them wonderful. She has just come out with a new series and so I will be buying them as they come out 🙂
- Stephen Chbosky – The wonderful mind behind The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. I will always buy whatever he comes out with.
- Agatha Christie – This is another author who has passed away. She has so many novels that I don’t actually own them all so if I remember to look while I’m in a bookstore I will buy one I know I don’t have.
- Neil Pasricha – He is the one who came out with the series called The Book Of Awesome. This may be a little unconventional but if he comes out with a fourth book it will be in my hands faster than anyone can even say “awesome.”
- Kristin Cashore – I have this woman’s work plastered all over my blog because I love her. I will never walk by a new book of hers without buying it … even if I forget about it and end up reading it a year later (which I did last time haha).
These are some of the wonderful books that these wonderful authors have graced the world with! Read them, love them, never forget them!